Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thursday Night's Alright for Fighting

Saw "300" last night. That was totally the best 2hrs and $8 I've spent in a long time. Awesome. Not that the plot or the dialogue had anything worth mentioning to them (I think they said either "Sparta" or "Spartan" at least 3-400 times), but damn, that was funny. Amazing visual. Beautiful graphic book brought to life. Best color control for effect, ever. Totally cool. Lots of fast-slow-fast motion fighting. Nice squishy noises. Great sex scene - fast - slow - moaning noise - fast - slow - moan... it was all I could do to keep from busting out laughing. Tall white men in jockstraps and huge pecs and abs fighting fully clothed, hidden Persians. 7 foot tall Xerxes, total fairy, tons of piercings, voice like James Earl Jones.

Brilliant. Makes me want to do slow motion battle with foreigners. If I can't do that, I guess I'll have to settle for bike racing.

Thursday nighter starts tomorrow.

Bring it ON. For SPARTA. No surrender, no retreat. Kill the Persians. Make a wall with their bodies. Laugh hysterically and pose for full dramatic effect. Wear jock strap and flex abs. That how you fight, men, that's how you fight.

G

No comments: