Thursday, June 28, 2007

long week

There's something about sitting in a car for 7 hours after a stage race that really isn't condusive to recovery. I don't think my legs have ever been this tight. It's like having walnuts in the calves and hamstrings. Horrible.

Work has been less than ideal but I still managed to squeeze in a couple of quality rides. Monday was pure recovery, Tuesday was the crit. I felt surprisingly strong despite the tired legs - maybe that's a good thing. This morning I pounded the coffee early and hit the road on the TT bike for a good 90 minutes - something I've desperately needed to do. Getting some power back in the TT position is going to be important. I started off by re-setting my saddle to match my road bikes, as a starting point, then fiddling a little bit from there to try and put my torso in a similar angle to my hips and when I ride the drops on the road. As a result, I ended up with the aero extensions a bit further back, the saddle up higher, and the nose up a bit too. I managed to get rid of the IT band tighteness I felt at Elkhorn and got the quads back up and firing again in that position, and felt a solid bit more comfortable putting out the power by the end. Now I need to ride it and stop fiddling. I'm calling that dialed for the rest of the season.

State championship this weekend. I've never done the Senior race before, but since I missed my 3 race earlier due to a wedding, this is the chance. If I can hang in longer than most of the local 1/2's, that'll be a good start.

No comments: