Sunday, January 14, 2007

Spin Time.

I hate trainers. My new year's resolution was to ride the damn thing as little as possible, going outside whenever humanly possible, even in the cruddiest of weather. That idea, however, completely disregarded the possibility of ice. There is just nothing to be done these days but to turn on HBO and set up the torture machine and try and forget what I'm doing. 'Cause I'm not this guy. And I'm just not that nuts. If fitness suffers a little bit at the expense of maintaining sanity, well, that's OK with me. Hopefully it'll go back to raining soon.

Speaking of pain. Can coffee reduce workout pain? How bitchin' would that be? I wonder how many cups I'd have to hit before riding the training to not notice the total suckiness of the whole affair?

I don't think there's enough coffee in the house to offset the torture of riding a damn trainer on a damn sunday, when I should be frolicking outside for 3 or 4 hours or however damn long I feel like it. Winter sucks.

Maybe I'll keep building the cross bike, watching the news, surfing the net, and finding reasons to avoid working out. I'll call it a mental health day.

Problem is, it might turn into a mental health week, according to the weather forecast... .

No comments: