Sunday, April 1, 2007

mmm... tasty.

I cleared a big 'ol head full of snot this AM. That actually felt good - like I cleared out some crap that needed clearing, and maybe my body got all the junk moving around (and out). Maybe the shock of racing helped, who knows. The hot steam of my shower yesterday produced some interesting results, too.

That's not the "tasty" part, however. That came about as made a small bowl of instant oatmeal for breakfast that, upon removal from the microwave, suddenly looked terribly unappetizing. Being loath to waste it, I got inspired and improvized some oatmeal pancakes that went down really, really well. Let's see:

3/4cup dry oatmeal microwaved in ~3/4 cup milk
stir in 2 tablespoons veggie oil
add another 1/2cup milk, cold
beat in 1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dark rye flour
1 to 1-1/4 cup regular flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder

Adjust for batter consistency (it's gotta pour like regular pancake batter). Cook on hot griddle. Serve with butter and maple syrup. Makes ~ 8-9 pancakes.

I'm not ashamed to say that I ate them all.

G

No comments: