Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Insert Wagner here

That's right. Three days to Roubaix.

Turn up the speakers. Arm the guns. Tighten your seatbelt. It's GO-time.


Walla Walla was a good test. I skipped the wet crit in favor of safeguarding my bones. It was a tough call to make, but I'm OK with it. I rode my way from the back to the front of the field on the finishing climb of the RR twice, first time to test my legs and the second time because I was an idiot. I had moved up to ~20th in the pack with 15k to go, then panicked and thought I had a flat. Hopped off the bike with the chain in the 11, realized it wasn't actually flat, then chased back on. So I had about 3k of rest before the 3k hill and started at the back again. Came across 24th 50" back. There was no reason I couldn't have been up with the front besides my own stupidity.

Still, the form is there. Now to work on the brain.

For those who give a damn any more:

Basso catching the Ullrich stink and here too

Maybe he cheated but the methods are bogus

Let's play Witch Hunt!

Justice

Bias

Even this guy tested positive once - back before the real testing began

They could very well all be on drugs - which is disgusting - but that doesn't justify the WADA, USADA, UCI and ASO methods, does it? Shouldn't the process be unimpeachable first and foremost? That's a basic element of a fair trial. You can't convict "because I'm sure he did it". That's a farce. If the process isn't clean the riders never will be.

No comments: